Kitchen fire in Chichester started by dishwasher

Webimages stock image fire
Webimages stock image fire

Fire crews from Chichester and Bognor arrived at a kitchen fire last night to find a dishwasher was alight.

A spokesman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said it received a call just before 9pm to a property in Oving Road, Chichester.

Breathing apparatus and a hose reel were used to put out the kitchen fire, which was under control by 9.45pm, the spokesman added.

There were no reported injuries and a member of the household is understood to have been awake at the time.