SLIDESHOW: Burgess Hill draw blank in FA Trophy against in form Folkestone

Burgess Hill attracted a crowd of 334 for this FA Trophy fixture against an in form Folkestone.

Hill started the better of the two sides with Greg Luer beating Nat Blanks down the right and powering a left foot shot just past the far post and then just a minute later he found pat Harding inside the box who set up Darren Budd who hit his shot just wide.

Burgess Hill v Folkestone in FA Trophy. Pic Steve Robards SUS-141117-104603001

Burgess Hill v Folkestone in FA Trophy. Pic Steve Robards SUS-141117-104603001

Folkestone had a half chance on six minutes when John Pilbeam chased a ball down in the box but Josh James beat him in the chase and gathered the ball at his feet.

On eleven minutes Darren Budd was set up again by Harding and again he saw his shot go wide of the goal and just four minutes later Toby Pointing was found by Keehan but his shot was comfortably saved by Tim Roberts. Folkestone had a good chance on twenty three minutes when Ian Draycott turned inside the box and hit a low shot that Josh James saved well to his left. Hill kept pushing and on thirty two minutes Rob O’Toole headed just over from inside the box this was followed by Folkestone going straight up the other end and John Pilbeam put in a dangerous cross that Joe Taylor surely felt he was going to score with a simple tap in but Andy Pearson blocked his shot, hill finished the half strongly when Scott Kirkwood had a good opportunity to score after a good passing move that involved Harding and Budd but his effort went well over from the edge of the box and on the stroke of half time Toby pointing put in a cross from the left but the diving Joe Keehan just couldn’t make contact from inside the six yard box.

The second half started with Folkestones Jon Pilbeam having his shot blocked on the edge of the home box which was immediately followed by Pat Harding finding space in the box but his first time shot was blocked for a corner. Folkestone’s Ian Draycott shot wide from distance on fifty minutes and five minutes later with the visitors Paul Booth thought he had given them the lead but he saw his curling shot hit the far post and fall kindly to a Hill defender.

Burgess Hill had a great chance to take the lead on fifty eight minutes when Josh Vincent headed across his own box to Pat Harding but somehow Tim Roberts got enough on his save to put the ball over the bar to safety.

Ian Draycott had a half chance for the visitors with thirty minutes to go but his shot went over from the edge of the box. Ian Chapman was forced to make a change when Joe Keehan picked up an injury and he was replaced by Spencer Slaughter and just a few minutes later he replaced Pat Harding with lee Harding and just before the end Darren Budd was replaced by Dan Perry however no real chances were created after the changes and Hill now have to travel to Folkestone on Tuesday 18th November for the replay.