Pagham under-18s reach cup final with Arundel win

Pagham under-18s edged into the Southern Combination League Cup final despite playing without a recognised goalkeeper as Ed Firlotte was injured.

Monday, 18th April 2016, 10:56 am
Updated Thursday, 7th June 2018, 6:32 pm
Pagham's under-18s / Picture by Roger Smith

Playmaker Ceri Marsh went between the sticks and was rarely troubled as the Pagham back four soaked up everything Arundel could throw at them.

The only goal came as an inswinging corner from Danny Greenslade saw Jakob Heryet rise above the visiting defence to head home on six minutes.

Pagham forward looking for their second but chances went begging as Selby headed over and Thurgar shot wide.

The second half saw Arundel pushing forward but Bingham, Rowland and Selby stood firm down the middle to see off any threat to the rookie keeper.


Barnham Trojans continued their local dominance by securing yet another league title with two games left to play.

In a footballing masterclass, they thumped Lancing 7-0 but it could have been double figures.

The goals came from the unplayable Liam Brady, who bagged four, Dillon Jelley with a towering header during a series of outstanding corners from Seamie Tilley, the goal of the game from George Britton after a couple of lovely flicks from Tommy Nichols and Joe Allan, and a hugely-deserved first of the season from the outstanding Tom Claydon.

Jack Ratcliffe was superb and controlled the midfield from start to finish, alongside the likes of the brilliant Tom Barton and classy Jack Chapman.

Davi Robbins and Holden were tenacious as ever at full-back, helped by the brilliant distribution from Ben Hawkes between the sticks.

Boniface and Ben Ingham were more than comfortable when they came on.

Congratulations go to all the Barnham Trojans.

BARNHAM: Ratcliffe, Brady, Allan, Barton, Claydon, Nichols, Robins, Tilley, Jelley, Hawkes, Ingham, Chapman, Hawkins, Britton.

Lancing Rangers 1 Chichester City Colts 0

Colts knew a victory would keep alive their outside chances of finishing as runners-up this season in division A against a side already been relegated.

Both sides tried to get the ball down and play, but were frustrated on an uneven pitch. Rangers scored the game’s only goal on 21 minutes following a number of defensive errors from Colts.

Colts huffed and puffed but couldn’t pull themselves back into it. The closest they came was when Taylor Parker thumped the bar from 20 yards with only minutes left.

Colts MoM was Dominic Hamblin.

COLTS: Williams, Newton, Hamblin, Rochester, Simmons, S Jones, W Parker, Watkins, Peake, Main, T Parker, Nicol.


Bognor Regis Town Youth 6 Worthing Minors White 0

Bognor won their league decider against second-placed Worthing Minors to complete a superb cup-league double.

They took the lead when a fine corner from Noah Amoo was skilfully headed home by Rhys Rawlings. Striker Bradley Stroud made the score 2-0 with a close-range effort.

In the second half Josh Boyagian scored twice while a superb cross-field pass from Will Jones found Flynn Bennett, who drilled in an

unstoppable shot.

A great cross from Stroud was finished in style by Jack Tilbury.

Bognor have now won the A division title and the Challenge Cup.

Thanks go to the coaches, management, parents and of course the players.

BOGNOR: Amoo, Bennett, Boyagian, Budge, Eggleton, Fearns, Jones, Parr, Rawlings, Stroud, Taylor, Tilbury, White.


AFC Worthing Youth Stars 0 Avisford Youth 6

A devastating display by Avisford saw them comfortably beat their main rivals for third place.

They started brightly with Fin Brian going close. Max Heppenstall and Wiktor Nowak were dominating the middle of the park. Nowak’s ball over the top split the Worthing defence and released Charlie Hunter to open his account.

Heppenstall had a shot cleared off the line and Hunter hit the post. But they found a second when Jake Longley’s pass put Hunter in for goal number two.

Before the first half ended, Hunter notched two more and Brian’s probing down the flanks was rewarded with a deserved strike to make it 5-0 at the break.

The second half was cagier as Alex Jones, Daniel Hall and Hugo James were introduced.

Keeper Luke Salter was alert to any danger and Avisford had time to put one more on the scoresheet, and they did that when Hunter turned the ball home from close range for his fifth of the game.

AVISFORD: Salter, Berry, Nowak, Longley, Wasowski, Copeland, Heppenstall, Brian. Hunter. Subs: Hall, James, Jones.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking sports news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be among the first to know what’s going on.

1 Make this website your homepage

2 Like our Facebook page at

3 Follow us on Twitter @SportSussex

4 Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

Share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!