Firefighters in breathing gear broke into a flat to rescue a woman from a fire this morning.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service say they were called to the flat in Church Close, Burgess Hill, around 8.15am.
One woman was led to safety and given oxygen therapy for smoke inhalation before being assessed by paramedics.
The fire had started in the kitchen - firefighters say it appeared to have been started by accident during cooking.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.midsussextimes.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/midsussextimes
3) Follow us on Twitter @midsussex_times
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Mid Sussex Times - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.