Sainsbury’s has responded to concerns raised about their free bus service which is set to launch in Billingshurst on Friday (April 17).
The national supermarket chain has set up the new service which will run whilst conversion works are completed at the Budgens store in village.
Sainsbury’s confirmed they would be taking over the Budgens store in March and have closed the supermarket whilst the works are being carried out.
The new bus service offers customers a chance to complete their shopping at the Sainsbury’s store in Horsham but issues have been raised by customers about the timetable.
Concerns were raised about the ten minute time period between the last bus arriving in Horsham and the last bus leaving for Billingshurst.
In response to the issue a spokesperson for Sainsbury’s said the timetable had been designed to offer customers ‘flexibility’ when completing their shop, stating the times allowed people to complete both longer or shorter shops.
The spokesperson said: “While we carry out works to the store, we want to ensure local residents can continue to do their weekly shopping.
“We have put in place a free bus service which will take residents to our Horsham store and are delighted by the feedback we’ve received from the local community.”
They added the service would be being monitored and changes would be made accordingly.
The Billingshurst supermarket is not set to be re-opened until the summer with a date yet to be confirmed.
For a list of the bus times click here.