The snow has forced many school in Mid Sussex to close today (Friday, January 18, 2013).
- Albourne CofE Primary School, Hassocks will be completely closed from 12 noon. Parents to collect children as soon as possible.
- Amberley CofE First School, Arundel completely closed
- Birchwood Grove Community Primary School, Burgess Hill will be completely closed at 12 noon. Parents are welcome to collect children from 10.30am.
- Chichester High School for Boys, Chichester will be completely closed
- Fairway Infant School, Copthorne Whole School closed. Text sent to parents.
- Meads Primary School (The), East Grinstead will be closed from 12.00 noon.
- Sheddingdean Community Primary School, Burgess Hill will be completely closed at 1pm. Parents are able to collect their children earlier if they wish.
- St Augustine’s CofE Primary School, Haywards Heath will be completely closed
- St James’ CofE Primary School, Coldwaltham
- St Mark’s CofE Primary School, Staplefield This school will be completely closed due to the snow.
- St Mary’s CofE First School, Washington This school will be completely closed at 12 noon.
- St Peter’s CofE (Aided) Primary School, Cowfold This school will be completely closed.
- Twineham CofE Primary School, Haywards Heath This school will be completely closed
- St Pauls Catholic, Burgess Hill will be closed at 12.00 today due to heavy snow. Monday is planned as normal.
- Ditchling Primary is now closed.
- Wivelsfield Primary School closed from midday
- Warden Park has said: “We aim to continue with the academy open until 3.15pm. However, Some of our bus operators have agreed to collect students for the journey home this morning. They have advised that they would rather do this than run a service at 3.15pm
These buses will be with us at 11.30 am:
- 587 Bolney, Sayers Common and Twineham
- Heritage - Burgess Hill
- Heritage - Henfield
- Heritage - Hurstpierpoint
- 271 - Crawley
- Crawley Luxury - All Services
- The 89 bus (Horsham) will be with us at 12.30pm
Students will be allowed to use these buses as long as staff are satisfied that they have somewhere to go at the other end of the journey. Students will be collected from lesson 3 which will be operating normally.
Other buses will be operating a 3.15pm service as usual.
Parents with transport who are concerned about conditions may collect their children from reception. (We cannot allow students to simply walk home.)
We are happy for students to continue their learning until 3.15pm. Any students who have transport difficulties at 3.15pm can be accommodated until parents collect.”
If we have missed any let us know.