Note former offences

TODAY’S paper reports that we are unable to sentence young children rioting/ason/criminal damage to custodial terms.

My proposal is that it is noted on the court record, and if that ‘child’ comes before the court or magistate in the future when they are adult then the judge/magistrate will load the offence with a fixed jail offence for the crime as child and now as the new adult.

This should be handed to the parents when thier ‘child’ is in court on paper advising them that offences will total up and the cost will be paid when the offender comes before the court as adult.

All job centre records should be so marked. If that did not cure them then nothing will and they will become the new criminal class for the oncoming generation who will have these people as parents/friends/idols.

R. Whiting