Firefighters from Chichester and Midhurst were called to farm land in Lavant after a mobile grain dryer caught fire.
Crews were called to the blaze in a field off Pook Lane shortly before 3.30pm yesterday (November 11).
They used two hose reels to extinguish the fire and had made the area safe by 4.15pm.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was accidental.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.chichester.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ChichesterObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Chiobserver
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Chichester Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.