West Sussex Fire and Rescue were called out to a number of incidents in the Mid Sussex area yesterday (Thursday, February 7).
At 9.03am a crew from Burgess Hill was called to a road traffic collision involving two cars in Ockley Lane, Burgess Hill. No persons were trapped and first aid was given to two females with minor injuries and the scene was made safe.
At 9.37am two crews from Haywards Heath attended a fire in Parkfield Way, Haywards Heath. It involved a dishwasher in a ground floor kitchen. The kitchen was 5 per cent fire damaged and 20 per cent smoke damaged. It was extinguished by West Sussex Fire and Rescue services using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel, one covering jet and one CO2 extinguisher. The kitchen was ventilated using a PPV fan, it was classed as accidental ignition.
At 2.01pm there was a small fridge fire in a flat in Bolnore Road, Haywards Heath. It was extinguished using two breathing apparatus and one CO2 extinguisher, fridge was removed and ignition was accidental. Two crews from Haywards Heath attended.
At 3.45pm a crew from Burgess Hill attended a chimney fire at a house in Downscroft, Burgess Hill.
At 10.12pm a crew from Burgess Hill attended a bin fire at St John’s Park, London Road. The fire was extinguished using water from buckets, ignition was deliberate.