The motion before Horsham district councillors on Wednesday night recommended:
1. To approve Main Modifications to the Horsham District Planning Framework as approved by council on April 30 2014.
2. That the cabinet member for living and working communities Claire Vickers be given delegated authority to agree minor editorial changes to the Main Modifications in preparation for the consultation.
3. The HDPF Main Modifications, Sustainability Appraisal and amended Proposals Map are published for a six-week period of representation to the inspector from March 23 to May 5 2015.
4. Following the six-week representation period, the responses to these Main Modifications be submitted to the inspector as part of his examination of the HDPF.
5. That Mrs Vickers be authorised to make further minor modifications and present updates to the evidence base as may be necessary during the examination
The result of the recorded vote was as follows:
FOR (21): Adam Breacher (Con, Billingshurst and Shipley); Jonathan Chowen (Con, Cowfold, Shermanbury and West Grinstead) Philip Circus (Con, Chanctonbury); Roger Clarke (Cowfold, Shermanbury and West Grinstead); David Coldwell (Con, Bramber, Upper Beeding and Woodmancote); Roy Cornell (Con, Roffey South); Ray Dawe (Con, Chantry); Brian Donnelly (Con, Pulborough and Coldwaltham); Duncan England (Nuthurst); Jim Goddard (Con, Bramber, Upper Beeding and Woodmancote); David Holmes (LDem, Horsham Park); Gordon Lindsay (Con, Billingshurst and Shipley); Sheila Matthews (Ind, Henfield); Brian O’Connell (Con, Henfield); Roger Paterson (Con, Pulborough and Coldwaltham); Stuart Ritchie (Con, Itchingfield, Slinfold and Warnham); Jim Rae (Ind, Holbrook East); Sue Rogers (Con, Pulborough and Coldwaltham); Kate Rowbottom (Con, Billingshurst and Shipley); Jim Sanson (Con, Chantry); Claire Vickers (Con, Southwater)
AGAINST (11): Roger Arthur (UKIP, Chanctonbury); Peter Burgess (Con, Holbrook West); Christine Costin (LDem, Trafalgar); Malcolm Curnock (LDem, Broadbridge Heath); Frances Haigh (Horsham Park); Liz Kitchen (Con, Rusper and Colgate); Christian Mitchell (Con, Holbrook West); Josh Murphy (Con, Horsham Park); Godfrey Newman (LDem, Forest); David Skipp (LDem, Roffey North); Simon Torn (Con, Roffey South)
ABSTENTIONS (four): Andrew Baldwin (Con, Holbrook East); Leonard Crosbie (LDem, Trafalgar); Laurence Deakins (Con, Denne); David Sheldon (Ind, Denne)
ABSENT (eight): John Bailey (Con, Rudgwick); John Chidlow (Con, Southwater); George Cockman (Ind, Steyning); Helena Croft (Con, Roffey North); David Jenkins (Con, Chanctonbury); Ian Howard (Con, Southwater); Tricia Youtan (Con, Itchingfield, Slinfold and Warnham); Diana Van Der Klugt (Con, Chantry)