A terraced house was virtually destroyed and a woman had to be led to safety when a fire broke out this morning (Wednesday October 24) in Worthing.
Firefighters were called to Ashdown Road just after midnight and helped the woman away from danger.
Two women and a man were checked over by ambulance paramedics at the scene.
As a result of the blaze, 50 per cent of the ground floor has been destroyed and the remainder damaged by heat and smoke.
Seventy-five per cent of the first floor has been of destroyed by fire with the rest damaged by heat and smoke.
The internal gas supply was affected by fire and neighbouring houses were evacuated as a precaution.