Four fire engines were sent to a house fire in Eaton Road, Worthing, on Saturday night.
A West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service representative said they were called to reports of a bedroom fire at 10.22pm.
Firefighters in breathing apparatus used a jet and two hose reels to put the fire out.
Fire service records say the fire was started by accident. Fire crews reported that the incident was dealt with by 11.48pm.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.