A fire in Burgess Hill this morning which was caused by a cigarette has sparked a warning from firefighters on social media.
A member of the public alerted crews to the fire, which happened in Mansion Close, just before 11am today (May 5), a West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service (WSFRS) spokesman said.
The fire was caused by a discarded cigarette, the WSFRS spokesman confirmed.
She said: “The fire involved fence panels and garden furniture.
“Crews from Burgess Hill attended and the fire was put out at 11.39am.”
A Burgess Hill Fire and Rescue Service spokesman reported on social media site Twitter earlier today: “Attended a fire in the open this morning caused by a discarded cigarette, if you are smoking please dispose in bins provided.”
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.