Chichester and Selsey firefighters called to washing machine blaze


A washing machine caught fire and completely destroyed the utility room of a Selsey house.

West Sussex Fire and Rescue crews from Chichester and Selsey were called to the blaze at a house in Western Road, Selsey, last night (June 29).

The fire service said the utility room was 100 per cent damaged by fire.

Crews were called to the scene at 10.30pm and had made the area safe by 11.30pm.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at

2) Like our Facebook page at

3) Follow us on Twitter @Chiobserver

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Chichester Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.