She’s been our Queen for longer than most of us have been alive and it is hard to imagine the UK without her watching over us.
And now that she’s just celebrated the 60th anniversary of her coronation, what better time to make her visits to Crawley the subject of our weekly wallow in nostalgia?
She’s visited Crawley several times over the decades - both as Princess Elizabeth and Queen - and most of these pictures have been seen before, but it’s not often a Monarch notches up the big six-oh on the throne.
Picture number 1 shows the head boy of Hazelwick School presenting a vase to the Queen and Prince Philip during their visit on June 9 1958.
The vase was made by teacher Ted Wynter.
Picture number 2 was also taken in 1958 and shows the Queen in The Broadwalk with Sir Thomas Bennett, chairman of the Crawley Development Corperation. She had officially opened Gatwick Airport earlier that day.
Picture number 3 was taken at Holy Trinity School, Gossops Green, at its official opening in December 1969 - although it had actually opened in 1967.
The Queen is pictured with department head, Gillian Penny, in the new home economics rooms.
Picture number 4 was also taken at Holy Trinity.
It’s back to 1958 for pictures 5 and 6 - the opening of Queens Square (which really should take an apostrophe but never has).
The bandstand was newly erected having fallen into disrepair following the closure of Gatwick race course.
Picture 7 was also taken in 1958, this time in the High Street. This picture won a Crawley Observer photography competition at the time.
Picture 8 was taken in The Broadway, where the Queen’s rock - signed during her last visit to Crawley - now stands. Pictures 9 and 10 take us back to Queens Square 1958 while picture 11 was taken on January 25 1950 when, as Princess Elizabeth, she opened Manor Royal Industrial Estate.