Trio claim first Cottesmore Waltz title
Nigel Powell, Margaret Swatman and Nick Knight won the inaugural Mixed Medley Waltz at Cottesmore GC on Sunday.
With the best stableford scores on each hole recorded in keeping with the 1,2,3 waltz tempo (best score on the first, best two on the second and all three on the third, repeated), the trio beat Ian Jones, Margaret Brice and Paul Field into second place on countback after both recorded 38 points for nine holes in the rain reduced round.
Nearest the pin winners were Penny Gaunt for the ladies on the second and Nigel Powell for the men on the tricky eighth.
Ladies captain Pauline Kirkman said: “We play many mixed matches but few during the winter so this was a trial to get members together. I didn’t choose the best weather but was delighted with the turn-out considering the conditions – Cottesmore golfers are a hardy bunch and their help in raising money for my Charity, The Alzheimer’s Society, is much appreciated.”
- Brighton and Hove Albion training ground extension approved, despite flood fears
- Big hearted Craig, 24, has given life to others
- Preview: Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion FC - play-off semi-final
- At the Vets: Going on holiday? Make sure that your pets have a good time too
- EXCLUSIVE: New flight paths from Gatwick could affect thousands in Sussex
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for West Sussex
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west