Andy’s delight at Dubai win
Cottesmore golfer Andy Clements clinched victory in the deserts of Dubai last week, as he fought off eight other amatuers to win the 2012 League to Dubai crown.
Andy, from Cranleigh, scored a total of 410 points for his performances over the the Wadi by Faldo Course at the Emirates Golf Club; Dubai Creek Golf Club; and the Earth Course at Jumeirah Golf Estates. His total saw off Hampshire-based Richard Harris by ten shots.
The nine handicapper said: “I didn’t think rounds of 30, 31 and 28 would be enough to win but it shows you how tough the conditions are – it was also very windy and the courses were all new to us. I came for the experience mainly and just wanted to play steady golf. It was fantastic to win such a great tournament.”
Andy battled through a local league and a regional final last year to earn his place in Dubai.
- Brighton and Hove Albion training ground extension approved, despite flood fears
- Big hearted Craig, 24, has given life to others
- Preview: Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion FC - play-off semi-final
- At the Vets: Going on holiday? Make sure that your pets have a good time too
- EXCLUSIVE: New flight paths from Gatwick could affect thousands in Sussex
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for West Sussex
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North