DCSIMG

From the Back Pages, January 7: Manchester United likely to miss out on Fabio Coentrão and Koke

From the back pages

From the back pages

David Moyes faces disappointment over the signings of Real Madrid’s Fabio Coentrão and Atlético Madrid’s Koke despite the Manchester United manager’s urgent wish to strengthen this month. (The Guardian)

David Moyes has around £100million to salvage Manchester United’s season, but has been told not to spend it on “quick-fixes”. (The Mirror)

Theo Walcott’s World Cup dream is over. The England winger was told that he will not play again until next season after rupturing ankle ligaments. (The Times)

With Theo Walcott set to miss the rest of the season after suffering a knee injury in the 2-0 FA Cup win over north London rivals Tottenham, Arsene Wenger could, as he has previously confirmed, decide to make a move and add another striker to his Arsenal squad. (The Independent)

Former Manchester United pair Wes Brown and John O’Shea return for Sunderland on Tuesday night hoping to inflict more misery on manager David Moyes. (Daily Mail)

WEST HAM boss Sam Allardyce’s job doesn’t appear to be under any immediate threat after he was given unequivocal support by owners David Gold and David Sullivan. (The Express)

Ashes 2013-14: Kevin Pietersen’s England future in doubt after Andy Flower refuses to address batsman’s role. (The Telegraph)

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page