West Sussex Football League scraps cup competitions
The West Sussex Football League has confirmed all its cup competitions this season have been scrapped.
A season of disruption due to heavy rain, frozen pitches and snow means the League does not believe it will be able to complete all cup fixtures, and announced the move last night.
WSFL secretary Chris Bridges said: “Having looked at the various stages the rounds had got to and taking into account the number of league games left we felt there was no alternative.
“The decision was not taken lightly as we realise the impact on all concerned but on this occasion the weather seems to have beaten us.”
- Brighton and Hove Albion training ground extension approved, despite flood fears
- Big hearted Craig, 24, has given life to others
- Preview: Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion FC - play-off semi-final
- At the Vets: Going on holiday? Make sure that your pets have a good time too
- EXCLUSIVE: New flight paths from Gatwick could affect thousands in Sussex
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for West Sussex
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North