Warnings after chimney fires in Turners Hill

editorial image
0
Have your say

Firefighters from Turners Hill station have given advice about the dangers of soot in chimneys to two householders in the area after being called to chimneys fires at their properties.

The crew from the village fire station were dispatched on Saturday night to a fire in the chimney of a house in Top Road, Sharpthorne.

The incident happened at 7.13pm and the ‘stop’ was just over an hour later when the fire was under control.

Chimney equipment, a thermal imaging camera, triple extension ladder, roof ladder and lines had to be used and the fire service said advice was given to occupier.

Previous to that, the Turners Hill crew had been called on the Thursday afternoon at 3.19pm to a chimney fire at a house in Lion Lane, Turners Hill.

Chimney equipment and a hose reel were used and advice given to occupier, West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said.