VIDEO: Fed up with donkey politics?
“People tend to vote on a tribal basis and in West Sussex if you get an ass and put a blue rosette on its backside there’s a good chance it will be voted in.”
The words of UKIP campaigner John Wallace, the party’s West Sussex representative.
The would-be local politician is the first subject in a series of weekly feature interviews by Theo Cronin in the County Times and West Sussex Gazette.
Mr Wallace gives his reaction to be being branded a ‘closet racist’ and ‘fruitcake’ by David Cameron, and in turn says its the Prime minister who ‘must be crazy’.
With UKIP’s politics on the ascendency, and UKIP candidates standing in all wards across the South East, will the traditional blue be ousted by purple rosettes emblazoned with garish yellow pound signs this May?
Read Theo Cronin’s feature interview in the West Sussex County Times (14/02/13) and West Sussex Gazette (20/2/13), or watch the video above to hear more from John Wallace, from Pulborough.
Do you know someone with a story to tell who should speak to Theo?
Contact | email@example.com | 01403 751 233 | @theocronin
- Brighton and Hove Albion training ground extension approved, despite flood fears
- Big hearted Craig, 24, has given life to others
- Preview: Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion FC - play-off semi-final
- At the Vets: Going on holiday? Make sure that your pets have a good time too
- EXCLUSIVE: New flight paths from Gatwick could affect thousands in Sussex
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for West Sussex
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west