Shops in Horsham’s Piries Place have re-opened following a gas leak originating from the Waitrose store this morning (Tuesday July 29).
Firefighters and police were called to the town centre at about 10.30am.
Emergency services cordoned off the area, and scores of staff and customers were evacuated.
However, after about two hours of closure the cordon has now been taken down and all stores in Piries Place are believed to have re-opened.
Firefighter Andy Mannering confirmed the leak originated from Waitrose and said he believed it was accidental.
For the full story, see Thursday’s (July 31) County Times.