UPDATE: Firework blaze not being treated as suspicious

editorial image
0
Have your say

A house fire caused by a firework which landed in the garden is not being treated as suspicious, said Sussex Police.

A family was evacuated from their home in the early hours of this morning (Friday August 2) after a firework landed in the garden and the fence caught fire.

Three fire crews and police were called to the house in Stevenage Road, Bewbush, at about 1.30am.

The family are now living elsewhere and police are investigating.

A spokesperson for Sussex Police said: “Substantial smoke damage has been caused to a property in Crawley after a firework landed in the garden in the early hours of this morning (August 2).

“The remains of a firework was found near some garden furniture that was propped up against the wall of the property.

“The incident is not being treated as suspicious.”