Three properties in one

Former vicarage

Former vicarage

0
Have your say

Set in approximately 2 acres with magnificent views over the Sussex countryside, Richard Bertram House is a spacious and imposing Victorian home built in 1849 by the Earl of Sheffield as the parish Vicarage in an elevated position, retaining many of its period features.

An exciting and rare opportunity to acquire three dwellings all in one; a handsome and gracious four bedroom house, a self-contained lower ground floor bedsit and an annexe with consent to adapt into a detached property with further potential.

This imposing home has been renovated in recent years and affords numerous period features synonymous with the era including a grand entrance hall with stained glass window, two magnificent reception rooms having impressive fireplaces and full height windows enjoying spectacular views and having original window shutters; high skirting boards, picture rails and renovated windows with double glazed panels.

The lower ground floor bedsit offers ample opportunity to adapt to either create an impressive kitchen for the house, as a self contained relative annexe, or for ‘home and income’.

The Garden Lodge annexe has gained planning permission to separate from the main house and extend, to create a detached separate dwelling and it is considered there is potential for further planning gains, subject to the usual consents.

The gardens and grounds extend in all to approximately 2 acres, with semi-woodland areas, large duck pond, large level area of lawn and superb views over rolling Sussex countryside to the South Downs in the far distance.