The FA Cup spotted in Burgess Hill school
School pupils in Burgess Hill did something a lot of top footballers do not manage.
The children at Southway Junior School got to see the FA Cup at close quarters.
FA Cup official supporter Beko applicance company brought the trophy to Burgess Hill as a reward for the school winning a competition, as part of the Beko Schools FA Cup Trophy Tour.
Southway Junior School won the visit after taking part in a competition earlier this year. One of ten schools that won a visit, Southway was chosen from hundreds of entries to be considered for the prize.
The competition was judged at Wembley Stadium by schools paper First News editor Nicky Cox, football legend and FA director of football development and former West Ham and England player Sir Trevor Brooking, as well as Beko marketing director Teresa Arbuckle.
It wasn’t the only FA Cup treat the school has had. In the 1990s one of their school matches was refereed by Burgess Hill referee Alan Gunn just before he took charge of an FA Cup Final.
- Brighton and Hove Albion training ground extension approved, despite flood fears
- Big hearted Craig, 24, has given life to others
- Preview: Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion FC - play-off semi-final
- At the Vets: Going on holiday? Make sure that your pets have a good time too
- EXCLUSIVE: New flight paths from Gatwick could affect thousands in Sussex
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for West Sussex
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west