Telegraph poles catch fire in Selsey

editorial image
0
Have your say

Fire crews and police responded after two electric telegraph poles were spotted on fire in Selsey.

Police were called just after 12.30pm on Wednesday, September 2, to a report of two wooden poles smouldering in a field off Ham Road.

Firemen managed to isolate the electricity supply to the pole before extinguishing the blaze.

No one was reported to have been injured and the incident was handed over to Southern Electric to investigate.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.chichester.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ChichesterObserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @Chiobserver

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Chichester Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.