TWO female students were arrested and cautioned after gas was let off in a college library.
Emergency crews were called to the Crawley campus of Central Sussex College on Tuesday afternoon last week after a noxious substance was accidentally discharged from a small aerosol canister.
The tower block that houses the library and the buildings surrounding it were evacuated.
The gas, which came from a small personal safety device not licensed for use by the UK public, was a substance that causes irritation to the eyes but is not life-threatening.
Both girls received a police caution, the first for a public order offence and the second for possession of a canister for the discharge of noxious gas. They are both 18 and from Langley Green and Redhill respectively.
For full story see West Sussex Gazette February 6