Man taken to hospital after Haywards Heath fire in flat

editorial image
0
Have your say

A cushion resting against a storage heater caused a small fire in a Haywards Heath flat this morning (Friday March 28).

Firefighters were called to the ground floor flat in Gordon Road at just after 7.30am.

The blaze caused five per cent damage with the flat smoke-logged.

A man was helped from the flat suffering from slight smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital by ambulance.

A thermal imaging camera was used during the incident and a fan helped to clear the smoke.