Man rescued from flat after rice cooker fire

Firefighters

Firefighters

0
Have your say

An elderly man was rescued from his home following a fire which started in a rice cooker this morning (Thursday October 3).

Three fire engines were called to a ground-floor flat in Ivory Walk, Bewbush, at 5.30am after reports of smoke issuing from the front door.

One man was rescued from inside and checked by paramedics at the scene.

West Sussex Fire and Rescue said the fire was started by a rice cooker in the kitchen.