Fire crews were called to deal with a fire at a home in Elsted early this morning.
A West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service representative said crews from Midhurst and Petersfield were sent to Church Lane at 12.55am.
They found that the insulation of an Aga in a ground floor kitchen had caught fire.
Firefighters removed the insulation and checked the building with a thermal imaging camera.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.midhurstandpetworth.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MidhurstandPetworthObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @mid_pet_obs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Midhurst and Petworth Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.