A woman was taken to hospital after suffering smoke inhalation from a kitchen fire this morning.
Four fire engines attended a two-storey terrace house in Webb Close, Broadfield, at 4.34am.
The ground floor kitchen was completely destroyed by the fire, and the entire ground floor sustained 50 per cent heat and smoke damage.
Half of the first floor also sustained 50 per cent smoke damage.
Firefighters used four breathing apparatus, two jets, one high pressure fan, a triple extension ladder and one hydrant to tackle the blaze.
They left the scene at 8.13am.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.