Emsworth home gets go ahead

0
Have your say

COUNCILLORS have finally granted a couple permission to build a single-storey dwelling on their land in Main Road, Emsworth.

At a meeting of the district council’s area development management committee south on Wednesday, April 3, councillors voted to allow the scheme.

The plan had been objected to by Southbourne Parish Council, who said it was an ‘un-neighbourly development’ and the site would be over-developed.

The applicant, Edward White, proposed to build the dwelling in part of his garden, which is currently used for growing vegetables and soft fruit.

Mr White’s neighbour spoke at the meeting in opposition to the application.

The site had been the subject of two previous proposals by the same applicant seeking to build a residential development.

The first application was refused, and then dismissed again on appeal.

A second application was made which was also refused.

The third application, which was granted, was for a bungalow.

Council officers said in their report the site was screened by hedging, and the bungalow was sensitively located in order to minimise the impact it would have on neighbours.