DO YOU have a child between the ages of 2 and 16? If so, West Sussex County Council wants your views on its proposed Admission Arrangements for schools for entry in September 2013.
The council says it welcomes views on:
- Admission numbers for all schools
- Key dates in the admissions process
- The proposed over-subscription criteria for all Community and Voluntary Controlled schools
- Sixth form arrangements
- Changes to catchment areas for Kingslea and Heron Way Primary Schools in Horsham
- A small change to the catchment areas of Funtington, Chidham and Southbourne schools, and
- Minor changes to catchment areas in Haywards Heath.
People can view the consultation at www.westsussex.gov.uk/admissions/admissions and use an on-line response form. For a printed copy they can call 0845 075 1007.
Local Voluntary Aided or Foundation schools and Academies will also be consulting if they are proposing any changes to their admission arrangements. Parents should contact their local school directly for a copy.
The consultation closes on Thursday March 1.
Peter Griffiths, West Sussex Cabinet Member for Education and Schools, said: “It is very important to know the views of as many parents as possible, so I would encourage them to take part in this important consultation.”