UPDATE: Man dies in Selsey car crash
POLICE have announced the man involved in the car crash this morning in Selsey has died.
The incident happened around 11am today (February 23), in Selsey High Street.
A silver Mazda MX8 collided with the wall of a residential care home – The Old Malthouse.
Police said the driver of the car was a local man, aged 55, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The car went into the side of the care home, and partly into the dining room. No one inside the building was hurt.
The section of the High Street was closed from 11am until around 2.30pm, when the car was removed from the scene.
A police spokesman said: “Officers from Sussex Police’s Road Policing Unit are investigating the circumstances around this tragic incident and ask that any witnesses to the collision contact Sussex Police on 101 or 01273 470101 quoting Operation Wakefield, serial 476 23/2/13.”
- Brighton and Hove Albion training ground extension approved, despite flood fears
- Big hearted Craig, 24, has given life to others
- Preview: Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion FC - play-off semi-final
- At the Vets: Going on holiday? Make sure that your pets have a good time too
- EXCLUSIVE: New flight paths from Gatwick could affect thousands in Sussex
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for West Sussex
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North