The timetable of £80,000 works for the planned Horsham town centre improvements has been announced.
West Sussex County Council is embarking on three improvement schemes in Carfax, Blackhorse Way and Causeway to make them safer for the public.
The worksare part of a wider Horsham District Council project to enhance the area.
Three pedestrian ramps in Carfax will be reconstructed and repairs will be made to the carriageway.
Two sections of Blackhorse Way will be resurfaced. This will be between Horsham bus station and the Blackhorse Way car park, and at the junction of South Street.
Causeway, which is in a conservation area and leads to the 13th century St Mary’s Church, will also be resurfaced.
The programme, subject to change, is as follows:
• Monday, February 18 – Verge hardening and minor drainage works in the Causeway, between 7am and 6pm, for five days.
• Monday, February 25 – Work begins in Carfax between 7am and 6pm. The first ramp outside Waitrose is scheduled to take 10 days to complete.
• Monday, March 11 – Work begins on the second ramp in Carfax between 7am and 6pm and is scheduled to take five days to complete.
• Thursday, March 14 – Resurfacing work in Causeway scheduled for two days between 8am and 5pm.
• Sunday, March 17 – Resurfacing work overnight in Blackhorse Way to last for one day. Starts from 6pm.
• Tuesday, April 2 – Work begins on third ramp in Carfax outside Waterstones between 7am and 6pm. It is scheduled to take 10 days to complete.