DCSIMG

Smoke alarm saves the day following Worthing care home fire

Fire in Oxford Rd, Worthing, last night.

Fire in Oxford Rd, Worthing, last night.

UNDERFLOOR heating was the cause of a fire at a care home in Worthing last night (Monday, December 9).

Residents of the Oxford House care home escaped unharmed after smoke alarms in the property alerted them to the fire.

Firefighters were called to the incident at 11.45pm.

Watch manager Jason Gray said: “One gentleman was treated for minor smoke inhalation but fortunately, all the residents managed to get out safely.

“It was lucky that the home had a working smoke alarm, and it is a timely reminder for everyone to check theirs are working.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page