DCSIMG

Microwave blaze at seafront flat

Fire engines outside the smoke-filled flat on Worthing seafront PICTURE: EDDIE MITCHELL

Fire engines outside the smoke-filled flat on Worthing seafront PICTURE: EDDIE MITCHELL

FIREFIGHTERS dealt with a burnt-out microwave at a flat on Worthing seafront last night.

Witnesses said two elderly people were helped from the flat and treated by ambulance crews.

A spokesman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue said the fire, at around 7.30pm, had been caused by burnt food in a microwave.

The flat was filled with smoke but the elderly couple managed to get outside to safety.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page