Faulty kitchen appliances resulted in firefighters being called out to two separate incidents in East Grinstead yesterday (Wednesday October 16).
The first was around 11am in a house in Tudor Close.
A small fire in washing machine was out by the time the emergency service arrived. However, the machine was removed from the house and inspected for any further problem.
The second incident was in a block of flats in St Leonards Park.
Firefighters were called out around 9.30pm after a report of a gas smell.
Gas officials were also called out as the smell was quite strong.
The problem was found in a faulty gas cooker.
The building was ventilated and advice given to the flat residents.