Jamie on track for lengthy career
RAILWAY apprentice Jamie Mills is urging other young people to follow his example.
Jamie, 22, from Bognor Regis, is a second-year apprentice with Network Rail.
He specialises in track maintenance and is based at Brighton.
He said: “Being a Network Rail apprentice has taught me a lot and I’ve enjoyed learning about track maintenance and meeting new people who are part of the apprenticeship scheme.
“I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is thinking of applying.”
Jamie made his comments as Network Rail launched its 2013 advanced apprenticeship scheme in Sussex and Surrey.
Ten places are available to provide young people with an opportunity in an industry which transports millions of people a year.
The apprentices spend a year training with the Royal Navy before two years of learning on the job.
- Brighton and Hove Albion training ground extension approved, despite flood fears
- Big hearted Craig, 24, has given life to others
- Preview: Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion FC - play-off semi-final
- At the Vets: Going on holiday? Make sure that your pets have a good time too
- EXCLUSIVE: New flight paths from Gatwick could affect thousands in Sussex
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for West Sussex
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North