Horsham Thomas Cook saved from closure
Thomas Cook in Horsham will remain open with no job losses, it has been revealed today (Thursday March 7).
A spokesperson for the travel giant confirmed the West Street store has avoided the axe as part of the company’s plan to close 195 stores with the loss of 2,500.
Neighbouring Crawley store is also safe.
Peter Fankhauser, Thomas Cook UK & Ireland’s CEO, said: “It is never easy to make decisions that impact directly on our people, but we also owe it to our customers to shape the business effectively and ensure that, when they book their holiday with us, our administrative costs are as low as possible.
“As we improve and develop our online capabilities, maintaining a strong presence on the High Street is an important part of our omni-channel strategy. Even after these changes we will still have one of the largest retail networks in UK travel.”
Yesterday (Wednesday March 6) beds retailer Dreams announced it had fallen into administration.
More than 90 outlets will close, but the unit in Foundry Lane, Horsham, is to remain open.
- Brighton and Hove Albion training ground extension approved, despite flood fears
- Big hearted Craig, 24, has given life to others
- Preview: Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion FC - play-off semi-final
- At the Vets: Going on holiday? Make sure that your pets have a good time too
- EXCLUSIVE: New flight paths from Gatwick could affect thousands in Sussex
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for West Sussex
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North