Horsham named as sixth best place to retire by The Times
Horsham is the sixth best place to retire in the UK according to a list put together by The Times released today.
Steyning was fourth and Horsham sixth, beating Chichester by seven places, having lost out on the 10 best places to live to Chichester by the same publication.
Steyning was praised for being a pretty town in the South Downs with 30 clubs and societies aimed at retirees, while Horsham was noted as having good transport links to London and a quiet life.
“It is well placed for retirees looking for a quiet life but with vigorous activities within reach,” it read.
“Last year housebuilder Berkeley released more than 1,000 new houses (two-bedroom homes from £250,000) in Highwood, its mini-village west of the town centre.
Berkeley Homes has outline planning permission for 1,044 homes west of Horsham, but has only completed the first phase dubbed ‘Highwood’.
Is Horsham a good place to retire? Comment below or email email@example.com
- Brighton and Hove Albion training ground extension approved, despite flood fears
- Big hearted Craig, 24, has given life to others
- Preview: Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion FC - play-off semi-final
- At the Vets: Going on holiday? Make sure that your pets have a good time too
- EXCLUSIVE: New flight paths from Gatwick could affect thousands in Sussex
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for West Sussex
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west