A FORMER plumber died from mesothelioma after he worked with asbestos earlier in his career.
Frederick Powell, died aged 69, at Baytrees Nursing Home, in Highfield Road, Worthing, on June 19, last year.
Karen Henderson, assistant coroner, said Mr Powell died from the industrial disease mesothelioma at an inquest in Centenary House, in Durrington, last Wednesday.
During his time as a plumber, Mr Powell did work which involved the mixing, and demolition, of asbestos. He also worked at Battersea Power Station, where he had to kick asbestos off of pipes, following a fire at the site.
At the age of 50, Mr Powell developed Parkinson’s disease, which severely affected him in the last seven years of his life.
He became a resident at Baytrees Nursing Home in 2012.