County Times, February 21, 2013
‘White elephant’ plans for A24 scrapped. Controversial long term plans to upgrade the A24 have been shelved. The proposals included changes to the road between Southwater and Ashington, and a new separated junction at Dial Post. Local pressure group the A24 Alliance has argued for years that the same safety improvements could be achieved with a series of smaller, lower cost roadworks. The group welcomed West Sussex County Council’s announcement this week that the plans would be withdrawn due to lack of funding.
A driver tells of his brush with death after he had an epileptic seizure on the A24 between Southwater and Broadbridge Heath.
Angry pedestrians speak out about continual flooding in Horsham town centre underpass.
Four men wearing balaclavas and armed with baseball bats attacked two people in their Horsham home in the small hours of the morning.
Retired priest jailed for eight years after pleading guilty to sex offences against children.
Reader offers in our WOW247 pull-out entertainments section, including: Win tickets to a Capitol Theatre show and buy one main course, get one free at the Bay Tree in Arundel.
- Brighton and Hove Albion training ground extension approved, despite flood fears
- Big hearted Craig, 24, has given life to others
- Preview: Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion FC - play-off semi-final
- At the Vets: Going on holiday? Make sure that your pets have a good time too
- EXCLUSIVE: New flight paths from Gatwick could affect thousands in Sussex
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for West Sussex
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North