At a glittering gala evening tonight (Friday September 28), the region’s top businesses were celebrated.
The Southern Business Awards returned for their third year - this time at the Hilton Brighton Metropole - where the south’s finest firms were showcased.
Organised by JP South Events - which is part of the company which publishes this website - the winners in a range of categories were announced.
All those shortlisted were previous winners of local heats held across Sussex and Hampshire.
For a full report and pictures don’t miss the County Times, Crawley Observer, Mid Sussex Times, and Sussex Express next week.
The results were:
1. Start-Up Category
Greenfish Recruitment Ltd
2. Customer Service.
Little Wood Group Holdings
Elm Grove Newsagents
Paint With Light
4. Small business (up to 10 employees)
Jane Jeater Osteopathy
5. Going Green.
Sussex Green Living
6. Education and Training
Q Hair & Beauty Ltd
7. Hospitality, tourism and leisure
8. Medium-sized businesses (10-50 employees)
Express Food Service
9. Outstanding contribution to the community award
10. Employer of the Year award
First Central Insurance Management Ltd
11. Best Employee or Best Team category.
Norma Wood of St Michael Care Homes Ltd
12. Place to Eat
The Richmond Arms
13. Young Business Person
Daniel Edwards of Design 51
Tory Smith of Tory’s Cafe in the Park
14. Manufacturing and construction.
ERG Air Pollution
15. Large business (50 + employees)
Spofforths Chartered Accountants
16. Retailer of the Year.
The Wool Bar
17. Business personality
James Stoner from JSPC Computer Services
18. Lifetime Acheivement
David Luckett MBE
19. Overall Business of the Year.
ETI (Electronic Temperature Instruments)