More amazing parents needed
There is a desperate shortage of both adopters and foster carers throughout the UK and more people from all walks of life are needed to come forward.
Many people still believe being gay or lesbian, whether they are single or in a same sex relationship is a barrier to adopting or fostering, but this is just a myth.
Through our work, the British Association for Adoption & Fostering (BAAF) has met many amazing adoptive parents and foster carers from the LGBT community who have given hundreds of children a loving, safe and secure family life. We are, therefore, very pleased to support the LGBT Adoption and Fostering Week (March 4-10).
There will be information events across the UK, which will include opportunities to speak to others who have already become a family through adoption or fostering. So if you are thinking about adoption or fostering, please come along and find out more. To find your nearest event, please visit www.lgbtadoptfosterweek.org.uk or for more general information about fostering and adoption, please visit www.baaf.org.uk.
Chief execuitve, British Association for Adoption and Fostering (BAAF), 6-10 Kirby Street,
London EC1N 8TS
- Brighton and Hove Albion training ground extension approved, despite flood fears
- Big hearted Craig, 24, has given life to others
- Preview: Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion FC - play-off semi-final
- At the Vets: Going on holiday? Make sure that your pets have a good time too
- The forgotten horror writer who sold more books than Bram Stoker’s Dracula
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for West Sussex
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North